What I saw from the road and what life taught me.
- There are no local shops. Every two, three villages there’s a supermarket.
- In absolutely every village there’s Raiffeisen bank.
- It’s more difficult to meet people on the streets as everybody is at home/work or in the car.
- No stray dogs.
- Starting in Central Austria there are bars/pubs in every village. You can smoke inside.
- Cycling paths and roads are impeccable.
- Cycling path R1 goes through the whole Burgenland and it’s impossible to loose it. I took it for three quarters of Austria but in the South it will take you on every hill along the way (including those of 15% ascent).
- Don’t use the post. I would have send an elephant in Poland for what I paid here for sending a couple of maps back home.
Guten Tag – Hello
Danke –Thank you
Auf Wüdersehen – Goodbye
Rechts – Right
Links – Left
Mitte Gerade – Straight
Wü komme ich nach…? – How to get to…?
Kann ich hier übernachten im Zelt für 1 Nacht? – Can I put up a tent here for one night?